Welcome to Barbecast 61! Our special guest this week(at 20:12) is the consensus worst pitching prospect in baseball and member of the Washington Nationals organization, Lucas Giolito! If you recall, we had Lucas’ dad on the Barbecast way back on Episode 42, and that went pretty well so we decided to have Lucas on also. We talked about a plethora of mostly baseball-related stuff, including:
- when he realized he was pretty good at the whole pitching thing
- his experience with Tommy John Surgery
- the secret highlight of playing in Hagerstown
- when he realized he had an alien curveball
- giving up the dinger in the Futures Game to Javier Baez
- watching Max Scherzer in Spring Training
- …and more!
After we talked to Lucas (at 1:17:15), we participated in yet another B-Ref Battle Bonanza, and went over the 300 Crazy Name mark in Barbecast history. After B-Ref (at 1:36:28), Tales from Logdog with Lana Berry discussed HER FINALLY BEING IN GOD DAMN LOS ANGELES after four months of anticipation. We concluded this week’s show (at 1:43:38) with a discussion on Angel Berroa, and Jake’s Varsity Baseball Update includes a dramatic telling of Jake’s HBP that lead to his 4-game suspension. Fun for all! Thanks for listening <3
Music: A Tribe Called Quest
Please rate and review us on iTunes!
Link to all previous podcasts: http://cespedesfamilybarbecue.com/the-barbecast-cfb-podcast/