Welcome to Barbecast 66! After last episode’s 1,000 pitch festivities, we’ve returned this week with a fairly regular Barbecast — at least, as regular as Barbecasts go. Our special guest this week (at 15:47) is Luke Ramirez, one of the most notorious players in Little League World Series history and a huge part of the 2009 LLWS Champion Chula Vista team. We talked to Luke about all the ridiculousness surrounding the Little League World Series, including:
- How his team survived the California regionals and made it to Williamsport
- Game-by-game analysis of the team’s championship run
- Hitting all the dingers
- Being one of the biggest kids in the tournament
- Having a Yahoo Answers question about how he was a ringer
- The absurdities of being in Williamsport
- That awkward moment when they won the championship
- …and more!
After we talked to Luke (at 59:05), we participated in yet another B-Ref Battle of extraordinary baseball names. After B-Ref (at 1:18:08), Tales from Logdog with Lana Berry covered Lana’s #FinalVote candidacy and why she doesn’t even really wanna get voted into the All-Star Game. We conclude with a brief discussion on our recent trip to North Carolina and look ahead to the rest of the summer. Thanks for listening <3
Music: Phineas and Ferb
Please rate and review us on iTunes! We’d really appreciate it!
Link to all previous podcasts: http://cespedesfamilybarbecue.com/the-barbecast-cfb-podcast/