— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) October 24, 2015
Welcome to Barbecast 75, Yoenis Cespedes Is About To Play In The World Series Edition. Our special guest this week (at 15:00) is Boog “Jon” Sciambi, ESPN broadcaster and one of the 100 best broadcasters nicknamed Boog in the 21st century. We talked to Jon about…
- his broadcasting experience at Boston College
- how he got into primarily baseball broadcasting
- being the voice of the Marlins at basically the only good time to be the voice of Marlins
- how he incorporates sabermetrics into his broadcasts
- the difference between broadcasting on radio vs. TV
- the Mets and the Royals (those are the teams playing in the World Series)
- …and more!
After our conversation with Jon (at 1:03:40), we introduced a slight twist to our weekly B-Ref Battle — fewer names! We still managed to blabber on for 15 minutes about our respective players, though. After B-Ref (at 1:20:49), Tales from Logdog with Lana Berry covered The Baby Hitler Question because it didn’t make sense to talk about that during any other part of the podcast. Thanks Lana! We concluded (at 1:28:40) with an explanation for this week’s music and an amusing few minutes from Jake’s inebriated friend. Thanks for listening <3
Music: Why You Always Lying?
Link to all previous podcasts: http://cespedesfamilybarbecue.com/the-barbecast-cfb-podcast/