Welcome to Barbecast 98! After a month-long hiatus for Barbecasting due to our busy transition into our senior years of college, we shook off the rust and churned out a podcast for the listening masses (our moms). Our special guest this week (at 10:15) is the top pitching prospect in the Tampa Bay Rays organization, Brent Honeywell. Brent’s minor league season ended recently, so he had nothing else to do besides come on our silly show. Topics include:
- why Brent chooses to never lift anything ever
- going to the same high school as Ty Cobb
- being one of the only screwballers left on this Earth
- his outrageously dominant professional debut in the Appalachian League
- his mound mentality that allows him to stop professional hitters from scoring runs against him
- the last time he ran out of gas
- an unfortunate toe injury
- Vienna sausage (?!?!?!?!)
- Waffle House
- …and more!
After Brent (at 47:15), the B-Ref Battle brought to you by Baseball-Reference returned featuring one of the most ridiculous background stories in this segment’s history. We concluded (at 56:25) with an exciting Varsity Baseball Update about Jake (America’s ROOGY) potentially being a starter for his triumphant senior season. Then we talk briefly about Jake’s school hosting an upcoming presidential debate. Then we say goodbye. Thanks for listening <3
Music: We Back
The B-Ref Battle is brought to you by Baseball-Reference. Use the coupon code “bbq” for $6 off a one-year subscription to the Play Index, the essential tool for statistical baseball research. Click here to order your Play Index now!
Please rate and review us on iTunes! We’d really appreciate it!
Link to all previous podcasts: http://cespedesfamilybarbecue.com/the-barbecast-cfb-podcast/
Add us on Snapchat: cespedesbbq