Welcome to Barbecast 82! Our special guest this week (at 18:10) is Jonah Keri, a prominent member of our personal Baseball Writer Mount Rushmore, among other things. Jonah is a baseball internet favorite and we’ve been wanting to have him on the podcast for a while. So here he is! Topics include…
- what made Grantland so awesome
- the role of editors of awesome sites such as Grantland
- Yo’s perplexing free agency
- the weirdest signing of the off-season
- the difference between writing his first book on the Rays and his second book on the Expos
- The discrepancy between how PEDs are discussed in baseball vs. football
- Tim Raines
- Being on Seth Meyers
- super vague tease regarding Jonah’s upcoming projects
- …and more!
After Jonah (at 1:20:25), the B-Ref Battle presented by baseball-reference commenced, with two names that may have each been a lower seed in our Best Name Bracket. Tales from Logdog (at 1:31:00) with Lana Berry was a blatant admission that Lana wasn’t available and we edited her in from a previous episode. We concluded (at 1:31:25) with some more morbid talk about dog death protocol before a mildly exciting Varsity Baseball Update from Jake now that he’s back in school. Thanks for listening <3
The B-Ref Battle is brought to you by Baseball-Reference. Use the coupon code “bbq” for $6 off a one-year subscription to the Play Index, the essential tool for statistical baseball research. Click here to order your Play Index now!
Please rate and review us on iTunes! We’d really appreciate it!
Link to all previous podcasts: https://cespedesfamilybarbecue.com/the-barbecast-cfb-podcast/