Welcome to Barbecast 85! Our special guest this week (at 29:05) is Keith Law of ESPN! We’ve wanted to have Keith on for a while, so we let our conversation run a little long so we could cover as much as possible. Topics include…
- the problem with pay-to-play showcase events for high school prospects
- the geographical “holes” for scouts
- how Keith adjusts his evaluations after a player proves him wrong
- Keith’s recently released Top 100 prospect list
- why Pirates SS Kevin Newman is a damn good prospect
- happy thoughts about Jurickson Profar (!!!!)
- …and more!
After Keith (at 1:27:25), a brief B-Ref Battle brought to you by Baseball-Reference commenced, featuring a guy who played on a team called the Nadjys (!?!?) and one of our most Jewish names ever, albeit subtly. We concluded (at 1:35:50) with a long-awaited Varsity Baseball Update about Jake’s opening weekend and his IP and ERA projections for his upcoming season. Then we say goodbye. Thanks for listening <3
Music: Dark Man X
Click here for all of Keith’s Top 100 content! (ESPN Insider required)
The B-Ref Battle is brought to you by Baseball-Reference. Use the coupon code “bbq” for $6 off a one-year subscription to the Play Index, the essential tool for statistical baseball research. Click here to order your Play Index now!
Please rate and review us on iTunes! We’d really appreciate it!
Link to all previous podcasts: https://cespedesfamilybarbecue.com/the-barbecast-cfb-podcast/